Recently a new bug affected MS Word 2016 application across the globe.
This is only affected by machines running on Windows 7
Here’s a quick fix.
- Open command prompt window by typing “cmd” on search tab appears when start button is clicked.
- copy and paste the code below to that command window and hit “Enter” Key. (Shortcut will not work on cmd window. So, right-click and choose “paste” option from the list)
- “C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe” /update user updatetoversion=16.0.9029.2167
- You’ll see Microsoft updates window open and be performing necessary changes that may take 15 minutes approx.
- When the above window closes you’re done and Word 2016 will perfectly run on your machine again.